Earlier this week we went to True Value Hardware in Wilmette to browse and see what they had to offer. The shelves were packed with DIY goodies.
We grabbed a few things that we “needed” right away:
- Replacement wire for a weed whip
- Mason jars for canning (I don’t have the slightest idea how to can vegetables, but first I’m going to try making sauerkraut yes, sauerkraut with the abundance of cabbage from our CSA)
- Bona hardwood floor cleaner
- Ready-Strip paint stripper for the paint the PO dripped on the masonry
- Wheelbarrow hanger-upper thing for when we get around to organizing the garage
- Weber Charcoal Chimney Starter. Ours recently bit the dust, and we don’t grill using charcoal fluid. This, IMO, is the best thing grilled food without the lighter fluid flavor!
We’ll probably purchase a palm sander since we only have a belt sander, and may also get the RotoZip. A friend of ours owns two compound miter saws, so we’ll probably just borrow one of his for now. Either way, I’m sure we’ll have no problem spending it all.