TV Room Transformation: A Pictorial

Except for hanging more pictures and stuff on the walls, our TV room is done. Done. DONE.

Here is where we started, in the summer of 2007 when we first moved in. All woodwork was painted white. All walls were painted white.

Fall 2007. We trashed the icky plastic blinds. Redi-Shades went up while we decided what to do about window coverings. The woodwork was refinished.

Fast forward to early Spring 2009. The Redi-Shades finally came down and top-down/bottom-up cellular shades were installed.

Spring 2009. Getting ready for plaster work. A couple problem areas under the windows and on the ceiling from an old roof leak.

Spring 2009. Plaster work finished. Room primed, painted and rearranged.

I need to take more pictures to try to get a true representation of the paint color. It’s a golden color, but it has a LOT of green in it. It reminds me of the color of Michelle Obama’s dress on Inauguration Day, kind of lemon grass. At first I was afraid that it was too yellow, but it’s a very nice color. I have to double-check, but I’m pretty sure it’s Benjamin Moore’s Adams Gold (HC-18). The wainscoting is two shades darker. The ceiling is AF-085, Frappé (yummy!).

The bedrooms have been painted as well. More photos to come!

1. bungalowbliss on April 8, 2009 at 12:24 pm

*swoon!*

Fabulous transformation. I love the color you chose (and similar to the First Lady’s dress? Even better!)–especially with the refinished woodwork. Very nice, indeed.

Btw, we’re posting twins today. Seriously, this morning’s post was about…my living room evolution, including the stripping of paint. Too funny.

2. 1916home.net on April 8, 2009 at 12:30 pm

Wow, what a nice transformation! Great job. The wood trim really sets the room nicely!

3. denise on April 8, 2009 at 4:00 pm

Thanks! One thing I really noticed both in this room and our bedrooms is that color set off the woodwork much more than the white walls did!

bungalowbliss: I know, I saw your post this morning too! Great minds… (sorry, I’m bad with comments, but what a difference in yours too!)

4. Josh on April 8, 2009 at 10:18 pm

Nice work! The woodwork refinishing turned out great and the colors you picked are very sharp. I can’t tell from the pictures (and don’t recall from other posts) did you add the chair rail moulding or was it original/already added?

5. denise on April 9, 2009 at 9:30 am

Thanks Josh—yes, the chair rail was already there, and is only in this room. Somehow I don’t think it was original, as I’ve never seen it in bungalows like ours. If it’s not, it would have been added by the owners sometime between 1930-1960. It’s very simple molding, but adds a nice touch.

6. Jennifer on April 9, 2009 at 9:48 am

WOW!! Just wow. Your work was sure worth it for that result!

7. Nicole on April 10, 2009 at 3:37 pm